- We discuss the work plan and what signals would tell us it is proceeding as expected.
- We pause and ask questions when signals and conditions are not as expected.
- We stop and alert supervision if the activity is not proceeding as expected.
Tips for Managers:
- Positively recognize people who stop to reevaluate a task if it is not going as planned.
- Communicate to front-line workers that they should pause and seek guidance if an activity is not proceeding as expected.
This page only summarises the guidance – refer to the IOGP report and/or IOGP website for further information.
For more information on our Process Safety Fundamentals (or other) playing cards please contact us.